Caregiver Tip # 2: It’s Okay to Ask For Help
Everyone needs help at times. It’s okay to ask for help and to take time for yourself. Try these helpful tips below:
- I can ask people to help out in specific ways like making a meal, visiting the person, or taking the person for a short time.
- I will join a support group to share advice and understanding with other caregivers.
- I will call for help from home health care or adult day care services when I need it.
- I will use national and local resources to find out how to pay for some of this help. Such as: ramp building, home safety devices, transportation, etc.
- I don’t have to do everything myself.
Contact the following for additional help:
National Council on Aging (Benefits Check Up Program)
Phone # 1-202-479-1200
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Phone # 1-800-827-1000
Social Security Disability Income ( Age 65 or younger)
Phone # 1-800-772-1213
ComForcare can help! Click Here